What to Pack for Your Jackson Hole Stay
Jackson Hole has many fun activities to offer travelers, including camping, whitewater rafting, scenic float trips, and hiking. However, preparing for your time in the great outdoors can be a daunting process. The gear and clothing you bring along on your trip are key to making sure your experience is an enjoyable one. Here are some tips on the best things to pack before starting your Jackson Hole adventure.
- Shirts: Do not bring cotton clothing during your trip as it takes in moisture, leaving you cold and wet. Take water-resistant clothing made of nylon or neoprene.
- Pants and Shorts: Water resistance matters just as much with your pants and shorts. Having a light pair of shorts for the day and warm, comfortable pants at night will keep you prepared for any kind of weather. Bring along a swimsuit for swimming and rafting!
- Jackets: You may encounter rainstorms during your stay, so bring a wind-proof and waterproof jacket with a hood. Temperatures can drop quickly so take a fleece jacket to make sure you stay warm.
- Socks: High-quality socks will keep your feet dry and snug when hiking and prevent injury.
- Shoes: There are two kinds of shoes you need to take on your journey. Water shoes will prevent slipping during rafting and watersports. And a good pair of hiking boots will make any trail comfortable to traverse.
- Sunwear: Polarized sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat can keep you safe from the heat and sunburns.
- Bag: A light backpack will help you store all of your gear while being portable and easy on your shoulders.
- Lights: Flashlights and headlamps are essential when hiking or exploring landmarks, while lanterns will keep your campsite bright.
- Water Bottle: It is important to stay hydrated when in warm weather or while you are exercising outdoors. A quality water bottle will keep your drinks cold for long periods.
- Binoculars: With many mountain peaks, scenic views, and wildlife, a good pair of binoculars will make sure you don’t miss a special moment.
- First aid kit: A well-stocked first aid kit is great for handling any scrapes you receive while hiking or out in the water.
- Insect Repellent: Keep bugs away with DEET or oil-based repellents.
- Snacks: Portable, non-perishable treats like trail mix or protein bars will help keep your energy up in between meals.
- Bear mace: Jackson Hole is in bear country, so it is prudent to bring mace along for safety. If you cannot bring any mace with you, purchase a canister from a trusted retailer in Jackson Hole when you arrive.
- Sunscreen: Sunburn can be a real issue in a dry, sunny climate. High SPF, waterproof sunblock will protect you and your loved ones no matter what activity you are doing. Be sure to reapply a new layer according to the instructions on the bottle.
Make Your Time in Jackson Hole Special
With several white water rafting and scenic float trip packages available, Barker Ewing will help make your stay a memorable one. We have the experience, safety measures, and enthusiasm that establish us as the premier rafting company in Jackson Hole. Contact us at 307-733-1000 to schedule your next Wyoming adventure!