Janet Monahan has been a manager at Barker-Ewing for over 7 years and is the definition of a jack of all trades. Year round she bounces from our booking office, to our check-in office, to our boathouse, and to the river! Whether she is making thai peanut broccoli salad or making sure everyone gets paid (she’s our bookkeeper too!) she accepts the challenge. Read on for more insight on Janet!
Yes… this was the only picture of Janet I could find. She does all the behind the scenes work!
1. What three traits define you?
Positive, Perfectionist, Determined
2. What is your personal philosophy?
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
Family… and wine.
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your life thus far?
My two hand surgeries
5. What is the one thing you cannot resist?
6. What is your greatest fear?
Being 103 and not knowing who I am.
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
At home or on a white sand beach.
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
Quilt and be with friends.
9. Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
Scotland….because of scotch.
10. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
Teaching others to take ownership.
12. Which one would you want most – flying cars, robot housekeepers, or moon cities?
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
14. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
15. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
16. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
Have more fun.
17. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
Barker-Ewing Whitewater this is Janet how may I help you?
18. How do you define success?
My family and children being happy.
19. What is the best book you have ever read?
Too many to choose from!
20. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
I owned a diaper company named “Dirty Dozens”